RICBT is a group psychotherapy practice specializing in cognitive behavioral therapy and coaching. We have offices in both East Providence and North Kingstown, Rhode Island, and strive to offer state-of-the-art, scientifically-informed treatment for a wide range of adult mental health concerns. We help individuals with many different issues, including:
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- recent and past trauma
- grief and bereavement
- low self-esteem
- eating disorders
- relationship problems and infidelity
In addition, we help individuals with personal growth work, coaching them on improving work performance, family life, and relationships. We offer individual, couple, family, and group therapy. We use treatments (cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, and CBT - an integration, as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy [ACT], and Dialectical Behavior Therapy [DBT]) that have been shown by research studies to be effective and we help set measurable goals so that signs of progress are clear to all. We strive to create therapeutic relationships that are personal and collaborative, and that enable discussion of even the most difficult issues.
Our group workshops are an important aspect of the practice. They help individuals learn concrete strategies and tools, while also getting support from peers. Participants in group often feel for the first time that they are truly not alone in their issues and in their desire to improve their lives. Hearing about the accomplishments of other group members is often extremely motivational.
By coming to the practice you are joining a community. We think about the clinical staff, administrative staff, and the clients we serve as part of a community dedicated to improving the effectiveness by which we all lead our lives. We try to create a warm, inspiring, and informative environment. We invite you to share your ideas with us about how to better live up to these ideals.
We are a true group practice at RICBT. We believe there are a number of advantages to this model.
- We consult regularly with each other about cases.
- We learn from each other.
- We often have different clinicians see different members of the same couple or family, which helps us to coordinate care.
- Individuals can change clinicians within the practice if schedule needs change, if they feel they need a fresh perspective, or feel that another clinician might be a better match.
- Individuals can speak with our intake coordinators at any point to discuss any aspect of their experience at RICBT and which services would be most appropriate and of likely benefit.
We want to do everything we can to help every single member of our practice community to feel safe, cared about, and to achieve their most ambitious goals.